STATEMENT OF SAFETY & HEALTH VALUES
Pattern Energy Group is committed to protecting the safety of our employees and believes that no task is so important or urgent that it cannot be done safely. We are committed to the safety of our employees, contractors, and the public. We consider safety in all stages of the lifecycle of our projects and incorporate safety into our decision making. We understand that safety is not something that is only considered when it’s convenient; safety is a part of all our projects and tasks, no matter how urgent. We can never compromise safety, regardless of the potential monetary gain. We believe that it is possible to have an injury free workplace and it is our responsibility to provide the proper controls and mitigations to achieve this. To reach our goal to have no injuries, Pattern strives to:
- Follow all applicable health and safety laws and regulations as our minimum standard.
- Work with our employees, contractors and the public to identify all potential hazards.
- Design our projects using risk mitigation techniques to create a safe work environment for our employees and contractors.
- Construct our projects using best practices to prevent injury to employees, contractors and the public.
- Employ contractors who share our safety values and commit to support our safety vision.
- Provide employees with the correct tools and train them on the hazards to which they are exposed in order to construct and operate our projects such that all tasks are completed in a safe manner.
- Identify the root causes and learn from any accidents which may occur on our sites.
- Work to monitor, report, and continually improve our overall safety performance and to become an industry leader in safety performance.
Back to Commitments »