Statement of Safety and Health Commitments
Pattern Energy is committed to the safety and health of our employees, contractors, and people in the communities where we work. There is nothing more important than having our people return home safely at the end of each workday. We incorporate safety and wellness into our decision making in everything we do. We believe in having an injury-free workplace, and we aspire to create an environment where this is possible. To this end, Pattern Energy strives to:
- Follow all applicable health and safety laws and regulations as our minimum standard.
- Engage our employees to identify potential hazards and develop proper mitigations.
- Provide training to all employees so they may recognize and mitigate risks.
- Empower our workforce to use their “stop work” authority to halt activity if they perceive a hazard that may endanger themselves or others.
- Identify root causes and learn from any accidents that may occur.
- Construct our projects and operate our facilities using best practices to prevent injury to employees, contractors, and the public.
- Contract with companies that share our values and commit to supporting our vision of an injury-free workplace.
- Work to monitor, report, and continually improve our overall safety performance.
Back to Sustainability »